Why is a Code of Ethics necessary?
They are a set of boundaries created to protect you, the client, and myself, the reader from undesirable outcomes.
- I am not clairvoyant, I cannot predict the future, and I cannot guarantee a specific outcome. The Tarot provides insights based on the current conditions; as those conditions change, so will the outcome.
- While Tarot is a great source of insight, I cannot give medical, psychological, legal or financial advice. I will emphasize that you seek out the appropriate professional. I will not advise on these matters and my readings are in no way, shape, or form, a valid replacement for these services.
- I will be honest about what I see in the cards, and I will always work to present the information in an unbiased and compassionate way, tying in relevant references to make everything relatable.
- I will offer my honest opinion and interpretation, but I will not tell anyone what to do or interfere with their free will. All decisions are your right and your responsibility.
- As I perform readings, my intent is to empower and uplift, and so, I will not encourage anyone to become dependant upon me.
- I do not underestimate the trust that is being placed in me. All readings will be kept in the strictest confidence, and only revealed under the following circumstances: after obtaining the written consent of the client, with identity and details changed for reproduction purposes; or where there is an imminent danger to the client or to others.
- I will always strive to improve my skills as a Tarot reader and remain open to the acquisition of new knowledge and skill.
- I will treat everyone equally, regardless of gender, ethnicity race, sexual orientation, religious belief . . . everyone is welcome. This is a safe space, meant to be shared.
- I do not read for individuals under 18 without parental consent.
- As a member of the American Tarot Association, I will at all times endeavor to adhere to the standards set forth by the American Tarot Association, including the ATA Code of Ethics.